Linking your Google My Business account to your Bark profile is a great way of showing customers where you are based via Google Maps. As well as this, it will also pull through any Google Reviews that you have.
To manage any Google Reviews, you still have to access them through your Google Account; you can only view them on Bark.
Underneath the 'Web Links' section, you'll find the area which allows your to link your Google My Business account with Bark.
Step 1 - Google My Business Settings
Before you do anything on Bark to link your Google My Business account you must first set it up correctly in your Google My Business Account.
To edit your service area details:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Make sure that you’re using card view. If you’re viewing your locations as a list instead of cards, switch to card view by clicking the cards icon on the right-hand side above your locations.
- Choose the listing that you'd like to manage and click Manage location.
- Click Info at the top of the page.
- Click the Address section.
- Select the box next to “I serve customers at my business address” if you want your complete address to appear on Google and your business location is staffed and able to receive customers during its stated hours.
- Click Apply.
If you don't do this, you won't be able to link Bark with your Google My Business Account.
Step 2 - Linking your Account to Bark
Clicking the blue 'Link now' option will bring up the following pop-up. Just enter your company name and location and click 'search'.
This will now bring up a list of the businesses that match your search (including yours), just select your company from the list and click 'confirm'. This will take you back to the profile screen, just make sure you press 'save' at the bottom of the page.
We'll let you know you're all set by adding the green 'Linked to' message to this section.
Viewing your map as the buyer does
Under your percentage completion icon click the blue link that says 'View Profile as Buyers see it'.
Scroll down and you'll come to your Google Map, with your business's location on it.